Friday, July 10, 2020

Sewing box

I have had this sewing  box for years, bought at a yard sale somewhere. It is handy, it is large enough, and deep enough, to actually hold quite a lot of supplies. It is rather strong plastic, and looks kinda like wood, but is plastic nonetheless. And over the years, it has gotten uglier (so have I, but that is beside the point)!

Anyway, I decided to try to do something to sort of brighten it up a bit. I have not
tried chalk paint on plastic, but have read that it will work. I have another plastic project that I would like to use chalk paint on, so this seemed like a good candidate for testing purposes.

Being plastic, there was not much prep involved, just a good cleaning, and a bit of scuffing to help the paint adhere.

1 comment:

  1. Where are the pictures? You've got me curious!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your visit, and would love for you to leave a comment. I read them all, and will do my best to answer each one. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me. And of course I would love for you to follow me!